Little Tokyo’s Nisei Week Japanese Festival celebrates Japanese and American-Japanese culture with the nation’s longest running culture event of its kind. Come share in the festivities as Little Tokyo hosts a variety of free events, including beautifully curated cultural arts exhibits at the JACCC, featuring live entertainment, food, activities, music, and the Grand Parade Nisei Week is sure to provide a fun-filled experience for all ages.
The Plaza Festival
- Rubik’s Cube Championship
- Gyoza Eating Championship and Competition 2:00 pm
- Halau Hula’O Nalikokauikawekiulani
- Shinkendo Honbu Dojo and the Shorinji Kempo of Los Angeles Branch
- 19th Annual Taiko Gathering
- Music Performance by Minyo Station
- Closing Ceremony and Ondo 4:00 pm
WHAT: Nisei Week Japanese Festival
WHERE: JACCC Plaza | 244 S San Pedro Street | Los Angeles, CA 90012
WHEN: Saturday, August 18 at 9 am | Sunday, August 19 at 11:30 am
CONTACT INFO: (213) 687-7193
- Free admission
I appreciate your support and feedback. Please respond to this article now by leaving a comment and/or “liking” it. For exciting, up to date events in Los Angeles, subscribe to this blog via email. You can also share this article with friends and family and visit my Facebook and Twitter pages.
Find what you’re looking for or discover something new with the social calendar.
For more event coverage and information visit www.xplorela.com