Watch as dinosaurs come to life at the Natural History Museum‘s Dinosaur Encounter! Their realistic T. rex and Triceratops large-scale puppets capture the imaginations of audiences in performances throughout each week. Thanks to the expertise of NHM’s paleontologists and puppeteers, you can experience how these prehistoric animals lived. Their team of performance artists will guide you back in time to better understand dinosaur anatomy, possible behavior, and movement.
See the T.rex and Triceratops from Dinosaur Encounters up-close and personal in their new home inside the Discovery Center. Watch puppeteers get ready for performances and see the puppets when they are not in use.
See a Dinosaur Encounter Stage Show!
Level 2 in the North American Mammal Hall:
- Thursdays – Fridays: 10:30 am, 11:30 am, 1:30 pm
- Saturdays – Sundays 11:30 am, 1:30 pm, 2:30 pm, 3:30 pm
The Ralph M. Parsons Discovery Center is located on Level 2. Enjoy hands-on activities and re-discover forgotten favorites. Now in a bigger and brighter, beautiful new space overlooking Exposition Park and the Pavilion of Wings. Open daily.
Get Your Hands on Discovery
- Touchable minerals, furs, and fossils are highlights in the Discovery Center that allow you to explore the diversity of Earth’s natural history
- Saunter up to a sloth, stampede with a herd of African antelope, or pose next to their iconic polar bear
- Microscopes and magnifying glasses allow you to investigate anything in the Discovery Center up close
- Binoculars let you get a birds-eye view of what’s going on outside, whether at their bird feeders or in the skies
- Search for unknown fossils in blocks of rock and re-assemble a saber-toothed cat skeleton from the La Brea Tar Pits
Daily live animal presentations and story times are also available at the Discovery Center.
- Live animal presentations occur at 3:00 pm daily, and also at 11:00 am on weekends
- Story times occur at 2:00 pm on weekdays and 12:00 pm on weekends
WHAT: Natural History Museum Dinosaur Encounter
WHEN: Thursday – Sunday | 9:30 am – 5 pm
WHERE: Natural History Museum | 900 Exposition Blvd | Los Angeles, CA 90007
DETAILS: FREE with Museum Admission
- Members: Free
- Children 2 and under: Free
- Children 3 – 12: $5.00
- Youth 13 – 17: $9.00
- College Students with ID: $9.00
- Seniors 62+: $9.00
- Adults: $12.00
CONTACT INFO: General Information (213) 763-DINO (3466) | firstname.lastname@example.org
SOCIAL MEDIA: Facebook | Twitter | Yelp
I appreciate your support and feedback. Please respond to this article now by leaving a comment and/or “liking” it. For exciting, up to date events in Los Angeles, subscribe to this blog via email. You can also share this article with friends and family and visit my Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest pages.
Thank you for visiting the social calendar.