Downtown Burbank’s most festive holiday tradition returns for 8-weeks of outdoor ice skating, themed nights, and special performances at The Rink in Downtown Burbank. Transforming the corner of North 3rd Street and East Orange Grove Avenue into a magical winter wonderland, skaters of all ages will enjoy 90-minute sessions on the ice with friends and family.
Special events at The Rink in Downtown Burbank include:
- Ugly Sweater Mondays, ’80s Night Wednesdays, and Thursday Night Fever, where skaters are encouraged to get into the spirit, dress up, and have fun on the ice from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
- The Mayor’s Tree-lighting Ceremony in front of City Hall on Friday, December 5 at 6:30 PM– stop by and skate before and after event!
- Santa Claus will be making an appearance on Saturday, December 13, and kids of all ages are invited to skate with the big man himself from 12 noon to 1:30 PM.
- The Rink will be filled with Santas and Elves during Skating Santas Night, an event where everyone is welcome to arrive in costume on Saturday, December 20 from 8:00 PM to 11:30 PM.
- Performances by the Los Angeles Ice Theater are scheduled for every Saturday in December at 5:45 PM.
- For those wanting to brush up on their skating skills, classes by professional instructors from Pickwick Gardens Ice Skating Rink are offered starting Saturday, December 20 at 9:00 AM and 9:25 AM, and for adults on Tuesdays at 7:50 PM.
A great way to celebrate the holidays, The Rink in Downtown Burbank is just steps away from hundreds of shops and restaurants decked out for the holiday season, making it a joyful family outing and memorable getaway. Admission is $10.00, skate rentals are $3.00, and Bobby the Seal rentals are $6.00. Season passes are available for $139 through November 20, and $159 afterwards. Passes are valid for unlimited skating every day from Friday, November 28 through January 19, 2015.
WHAT: The Rink In Downtown Burbank
WHEN: November 28, 2014 – January 19, 2015
WHERE: North 3rd Street and East Orange Grove Avenue | Burbank, CA 91502
I appreciate your support and feedback. Please respond to this article now by leaving a comment and/or “liking” it. For exciting, up to date events in Los Angeles, subscribe to this blog via email. You can also share this article with friends and family and visit us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Thank you for visiting and also check out XploreSF.com!