Twenty-five renowned Lincoln collectors and DreamWorks studios join the Reagan Library for a major Abraham Lincoln exhibit. Objects on display include President Lincoln’s famous stovepipe hat, a bloodied pillow from the night he died, a Lincoln-signed Emancipation Proclamation and 13th Amendment, and sets from DreamWorks’ Lincoln movie.
Nominated for 12 Academy Awards, the DreamWorks Studios film Lincoln swept the nation with its intimate look at one of our nation’s greatest leaders. Now the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum has delved even deeper into the life of our sixteenth president with the help of the country’s most well-known Lincoln collectors, including Louise Taper, Hildene (the Lincoln Family Home), Ford’s Theatre, the National Archives and Library of Congress, the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History, as well as with DreamWorks Studios.
The Reagan Library exhibit, A. Lincoln: From Railsplitter to Rushmore, explores the life of Abraham Lincoln, commemorates the Civil War, and marks the 150th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation. This extraordinary and engaging special exhibit, featuring over 250 original artifacts on Abraham Lincoln and sets from the movie, is a must-see for everyone.
Highlights of this fascinating and educational exhibit include:
- Abraham Lincoln’s stovepipe hat and gold pocket watch
- Mary Todd Lincoln’s Bible, jewelry, and other personal items
- Abraham Lincoln’s earliest childhood writings
- A President Lincoln-signed copy of the Emancipation Proclamation and a President Lincoln-signed copy of the 13th Amendment
- A bloody pillow on which President Lincoln died at the Petersen Boarding House
- A fragment of Abraham Lincoln’s coat from Ford’s Theatre
- The hand written personal testimony of Boston Corbett, the man who killed John Wilkes Booth
- An American flag that draped President Lincoln’s coffin
In addition to the original documents, artifacts, and objects on display, the Reagan Library will be showcasing the costumes and Oscar-winning sets from DreamWorks Studios’ Lincoln film, including the entire set surrounding President Lincoln’s office, portions of Mary Todd Lincoln’s vanity set, and portions of Peterson’s Boarding House set. Items on display include Oscar-nominated costumes for Mary Todd Lincoln, Abraham Lincoln, and Tad Lincoln.
WHAT: Abraham Lincoln Exhibit
WHEN: June 1 – September 30, 2013
WHERE: 40 Presidential Drive | Simi Valley, CA 93065
- Open daily between 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Tickets: General $16, Senior $13, Youth $9, Child $6, GuideCam Rental $7, Active Military Free
CONTACT INFO: (805) 522-2977 or email@example.com
SOCIAL MEDIA: Facebook | Twitter | Yelp
I appreciate your support and feedback. Please respond to this article now by leaving a comment and/or “liking” it. For exciting, up to date events in Los Angeles, subscribe to this blog via email. You can also share this article with friends and family and visit my Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest pages.
Thank you for visiting!