Indiana Jones and the Adventure of Archaeology, presented by the National Geographic Society, immerses you in the science and history of field archaeology. Walk in the footsteps of beloved film hero Indiana Jones as you embark on this interactive museum adventure!
- A vast and exclusive collection of Indiana Jones film props, models, concept art, and set designs from the Lucasfilm Archives
- A rare chance to see some of the world’s most impressive material remains and real-world artifacts from ancient societies from the collections of the world-renowned Penn Museum and the National Geographic Society archives
- A handheld multimedia guide and interactive quest game that lets children of all ages test their skills and explore the exhibit content in a fun, innovative way
- Plus, Indy Interactives where children can experience archaeology through exciting hands-on activities in the Kids Adventure Zone
- Lift Yourself: How much strength would it take to lift yourself up from underground at an archaeological dig site? Find out as you use the ropes of a pulley system to lift yourself high above the ground with only the strength of your arms
- Dig Zone: Dig through the sand for hidden treasure. Become an archaeologist by using archaeological tools to carefully dust of the artifacts you discover and uncover their meaning
- Build Table: Use wooden blocks to construct structures just like our ancestors did in past civilizations. Decipher the Egyptian hieroglyph blocks and write your own message
- Estimations and Calculations: Can you guess the correct weight? Use your best judgment to estimate the weight of an artifact using sand bags, just like the film Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, but keep an eye out for rolling boulders!
- Focal Point: Just like Indiana Jones in the map room, use light, mirrors, and lasers to locate the correct historical dig site
- Green Screen: Modern films like Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull use green screen technology to accomplish amazing feats. Jump in front of their green screen, put yourself in a movie, and see where it takes you
The Discovery Science Center is a nonprofit organization dedicated to educating young minds, assisting teachers, and increasing public understanding of science, math, and technology through interactive exhibits and programs. The idea of the Discovery Science Center began in 1984 when the boards of the Exploratory Learning Center and the Experience Center joined and formed the Discovery Museum of Orange County (DMOC). Simply stated, their goals were to teach kids what life was like at the turn of the century in Orange County in an interactive manner and to build a world-class hands-on science center.
They first developed the DMOC site, which now has two historic homes, a carriage barn, rose garden, riparian habitat, and much more. Once this project was up and running smoothly, the Board turned to achieving their second goal, building a hands-on science center.
Watch a video here.
WHAT: Indiana Jones And The Adventure Of Archeology
WHEN: Now – April 21, 2013 | 10 am – 5 pm
WHERE: Discovery Science Center | 2500 North Main Street | Santa Ana, CA 92705
- Tickets: Members $8 per person, Non-Members $10 per person (after general admission)
- On-site parking is $4 per vehicle (cash only)
CONTACT INFO: (714) 542-2823 or email@example.com
I appreciate your support and feedback. Please respond to this article now by leaving a comment and/or “liking” it. For exciting, up to date events in Los Angeles, subscribe to this blog via email. You can also share this article with friends and family and visit my Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest pages.
Thank you for visiting the social calendar.